1. Parker, L.L., Harriger, J.A. Eating disorders and disordered eating behaviors in the LGBT population: a review of the literature. J Eat Disord 8, 51 (2020).
2. Meerwijk, E. L., & Sevelius, J. M. (2017). Transgender Population Size in the United States: a Meta-Regression of Population-Based Probability Samples. American journal of public health, 107(2), e1–e8.
3. Su, D., Irwin, J. A., Fisher, C., Ramos, A., Kelley, M., Mendoza, D., & Coleman, J. D. (2016). Mental Health Disparities Within the LGBT Population: A Comparison Between Transgender and Nontransgender Individuals. Transgender health, 1(1), 12–20.
4. The Trevor Project, National Eating Disorders Association, & Reasons Eating Disorder Center (2018). Eating Disorders Among LGBTQ Youth: A 2018 National Assessment.
5. National Eating Disorders Association (2018). Trevor Project Survey Infographic.
6. University of Southern California Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Jeremy Goldbach, director of USC LGBT Health Equity Initiative. (March 08, 2018) Are You Sure More Than Half of LGBTQ Youth Have an Eating Disorder? Because Science Says Otherwise.
7. Bell, K., Rieger, E., & Hirsch, J. K. (2019). Eating Disorder Symptoms and Proneness in Gay Men, Lesbian Women, and Transgender and Non-conforming Adults: Comparative Levels and a Proposed Mediational Model. Frontiers in psychology, 9, 2692.
8. Scheer, J. R., Harney, P., Esposito, J., & Woulfe, J. M. (2020). Self-Reported Mental and Physical Health Symptoms and Potentially Traumatic Events Among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Individuals: The Role of Shame. Psychology of violence, 10(2), 131–142.
9. Nagata JM, Ganson KT, Austin SB. Emerging trends in eating disorders among sexual and gender minorities. Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2020 Nov;33(6):562-567.
10. Calzo, J. P., Blashill, A. J., Brown, T. A., & Argenal, R. L. (2017). Eating Disorders and Disordered Weight and Shape Control Behaviors in Sexual Minority Populations. Current psychiatry reports, 19(8), 49.
11. de Jong, M., Schoorl, M., & Hoek, H. W. (2018). Enhanced cognitive behavioural therapy for patients with eating disorders: a systematic review. Current opinion in psychiatry, 31(6), 436–444.
12. Stoehr, Jenna & Hamidian Jahromi, Alireza & Hunter, Ezra & Schechter, Loren. (2021). Telemedicine for Gender-Affirming Medical and Surgical Care: A Systematic Review and Call-to-Action. Transgender Health.
13. Mary E. Duffy, Kristin E. Henkel & Valerie A. Earnshaw (2016) Transgender Clients’ Experiences of Eating Disorder Treatment, Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling, 10:3, 136-149,
14. Fisher J. (2020). Gender competence and mental health promotion. World psychiatry: official journal of the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), 19(1), 34–35.
15. McClain, Z., & Peebles, R. (2016). Body Image and Eating Disorders Among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Youth. Pediatric clinics of North America, 63(6), 1079–1090.
16. Brown, C., Porta, C. M., Eisenberg, M. E., McMorris, B. J., & Sieving, R. E. (2020). Family Relationships and the Health and Well-Being of Transgender and Gender-Diverse Youth: A Critical Review. LGBT health, 7(8), 407–419.