1.National Eating Disorders Association. (2019, October 10). Over half of LGBTQ youth in New National Survey have been diagnosed with eating disorders.
2. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. (2018, February 22). Eating disorders. Mayo Clinic.
3. Liebert Publishers (n.d.) Beyond the binary: Differences in eating disorder
4. Mennitto, D. (2020, November 12). Frequently Asked Questions About Eating Disorders - Johns Hopkins Hospital.
5. American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press.
6. National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. (2021, March 3). Eating disorder statistics: General & Diversity stats: Anad.
7. National Eating Disorders Association. (2018, February 20). Providing better care for transgender and non-binary patients.
8. LGBTQIA Health Education. (2018, February). Addressing Eating Disorders, Body Dissatisfaction, and Obesity Among Sexual and Gender Minority Youth.
9. National Eating Disorders Association. (2018, February 21). Eating disorders in LGBTQ+ populations.
10. Guarda M.D., A. (2020, December). Expert Q&A: Eating Disorders.
11. The Trevor Project. (2021, September 22). Facts about suicide.
12. National Center for Transgender Equality. Housing & Homelessness.
13. Fraser, B., Pierse, N., Chisholm, E., & Cook, H. (2019). LGBTIQ+ Homelessness: A Review of the Literature. International journal of environmental research and public health, 16(15), 2677. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16152677