1. Johnson, RDN, CDN, D. (2020, October 21). Emotional eating, overeating, binge eating – is there a difference? Mather Hospital. https://www.matherhospital.org/related-content/emotional-eating-overeating-binge-eating-is-there-a-difference/
2. Nguyen-Rodriguez, S. T., Unger, J. B., & Spruijt-Metz, D. (2010, April 23). Psychological determinants of emotional eating in adolescence. Eating disorders. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2859040/#!po=6.48148.
3. Gordon, E. L., Ariel-Donges, A. H., Bauman, V., & Merlo, L. J. (2018, April 12). What is the evidence for "Food addiction?" A systematic review. Nutrients. Retrieved September 23, 2021, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5946262/.
4. American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). American Psychiatric Press. https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/dsm
5. Shepherd, J. (2012). Compulsive overeating. University of Massachusetts Lowell. https://faculty.uml.edu/rsiegel/47.272/documents/Compulsiveovereating-Shepherd.pdf
6. Emotional eating. Department of Homeland Security. (2021, January 19). https://www.dhs.gov/employee-resources/blog/2021/01/19/emotional-eating.
7. Dell’Osso L, Abelli M, Carpita B, Pini S, Castellini G, Carmassi C, Ricca V. (2016, March 21) Historical evolution of the concept of anorexia nervosa and relationships with orthorexia nervosa, autism, and obsessive–compulsive spectrum. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment. https://doi.org/10.2147/NDT.S108912
8. Canadian Aquafitness Leaders Alliance. (1997). A Culture Obsessed with Fat. http://www.calainc.org/Handouts/Participant_handouts/Handout%20InFATuation.pdf.
9. Watson MSN RN, L. R., Fraser MSN RN, M., & Ballas MD, P. (2021). Understanding compulsive overeating. Understanding Compulsive overeating - Health Encyclopedia - University of Rochester Medical Center. https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=56&contentid=4132.
10. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2018, February). Health Risks of Overweight & Obesity. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/weight-management/adult-overweight-obesity/health-risks.
11. American Society of Bariatric Physicians. (2015, February 2) FDA approval of Vyvanse® means more prescribing options for obesity medicine physicians. http://asbp.org/about/news/115-fda-approval-of-vyvanse-means-more-prescribing-options-for-obesity-medicine-physicians.html.